Wednesday, April 14, 2010

California dreaming & love notes...

Monday-back to the grind! Work day went well, nothing new, nothing exciting, but work none the less and that’s enough to be thankful for. Dan had the day off in preparation for his quick trip to California to finalize some court finances. I was home by 5ish and we enjoyed a nice 6pm run around the Charles River together. I couldn't’t quite get my breathing right on this run and struggles through it and finished. I am so proud of Dan. When I met him I think he owned a pair of sneakers, but I don’t think he ran in them, nor did he work out. He has a tall/thin build, so he was always fit, but in shape-no. Today on our run, Dan not only branched off from me to do an extra mile and ½, but he ran in new running shoes. He is strong, fit and in great shape; we are both on our way to being in even better shape. It all started the winter Dan & I lived in California that we wanted to really get in shape. We joined Gold’s Gym, received some professional instruction, and found out a year later we paid WAY TO MUCH; however it was worth it, we had the money at the time and a year and half later we are still working out together and taking care of our bodies and health. I dropped a size and have toned arms, Dan has muscles he never had and may I say great biceps : )
Monday dinner: we had left over Chicken Cacciatore; I placed them in individual dishes, cracked two eggs over the top of each of them and topped them off with some mozzarella cheese. I then placed them in the oven for about 5 minutes each and it was delish. No I did not think of that all by myself, Dan did, but I prepared them as he ironed his shirt, packed his bag for CA and spoke to his sister on the phone. After dinner I printed off his itineraries and some direction To and From, packed him some snacks, and wrote him a note! It’s tradition for me to sneak a little farewell/love note into his bag while he is traveling or even leave a note when we won’t see each other for a day…At the end of the note I included a new tradition by adding a quote. I started this yesterday for the first time with Dan and hope to keep it just for us. It doesn’t have a huge significant meaning, but came to my mind, I liked it, and thought it was appropriate: “May the lord watch between me and thee, while we are absent one from another”-Genesis 31:49.
When we are not in the presents of each other, may we be strong, guided, safe, and true while we are apart, and then back together-I’m sticking with it!